Tuesday, May 5

09 Costume Institute Gala at the Met

The “Model as Muse: Embodying Fashion” Costume Institute Gala at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City went down on Monday May 4th.

Kate Moss and Victoria Beckham both in Marc Jacobs, and Rihanna in Dolce & Gabanna all did IT for me. Vicky, her flawless face is enough, Kate was giving me Eartha Kitt (RIP), and Rih-Rih.... what more do I need to say?




And though it was a costume gala, Madonna, the material girl herself took it too far in my opinion, as did Leighton Meister (whom I love), both in Louis Vuitton.



As someone who watches The Devil Wears Prada every weekend (shh don't tell anybody), I know Anne Hathaway can do better. I thought her dress was too dark for her fair skin, and the hair, too big. But from far away it doesn't look too bad lol
I love Ashley Olsen's look, she rocked her own design, and the look definitely worked for her. Her sister Mary-Kate in Christian Lacroix, not so much. But I must keep in mind, it is a costume gala.





Blake Lively in Versace, I can't decide how I feel about this look. I love Blake, love the color of the dress and she looks fabulous, the cleavage was a bit much for me though. The girl gives great face and the color looked great on her.


pics stolen from Just Jared

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com